Hooray, Hooray, the First of May!!
Here’s what’s happening:
- Friday, May 2 brings DINNER & A DANCE. Enjoy a delicious Swedish Meatball Dinner served with mashed potatoes, vegetable, roll and dessert for $8.00 and served from 5 to 7 pm. Following, at 7 pm, we are pleased to announce that “Al Mikesh” will be here for your dancing and listening enjoyment. If you come for dinner, there is no charge for the dance. If you come for the dance only, we are charging $5.00 per person cover charge. Our BAR MENU is also available from 4 to 8:30 pm.
- Saturday, May 3 brings a private 40th Anniversary party.
- Good Luck to all the fishermen & women on opening weekend, and Happy Mother’s Day to all the Mom’s out there on Sunday, May 11.
- Saturday, May 10 brings a wedding celebration to our back room.
- Tuesday, May 13 brings our FREE dinner for our MEMBERS & MILITARY PERSONNEL. Guests are also welcome to enjoy the meal for a free-will donation. Please note that this is also our meeting night here at the Post. Supper will be served from 4:30 to 7 pm and this Tuesday, Lisa will be preparing her famous Baked Chicken, served with mashed potatoes & gravy, vegetable, roll & dessert. Post 936 House Committee meeting will be at 5:30 pm with the Post meeting following at 7:15 pm. Stop in and take advantage of what YOUR CLUB is offering you!!
- Friday, May 16 is our second Dinner & Dance for the month. Lisa will be serving Sliced Ham, scalloped potatoes, vegetable, roll & dessert for only $8.00 and served from 5 to 7 pm. Following, at 7 pm, we are pleased to announce that “River Canyon” will be here for your dancing and listening enjoyment. Again, if you come for dinner, there is no charge for the. If you come for the dance only, there will be a cover charge of $5.00 per person. Our BAR MENU is also available from 4 to 8:30 pm.
- Saturday, May 17 we are again proud to host the second annual ASK (Acts of Sincere Kindness) “Charity Bingo” starting at 6 pm. This is a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life. Bring the whole family! Stop in and support this great cause!
- Happy Memorial Day to everyone on Monday, May 26. As in the past, the Club will be open at 10:00 am till 2:00 pm. Stop in for lunch after the Parade and program at the Cemetary. Please note: There will be NO BAR BINGO or TEXAS HOLD ‘EM on Monday, May 26.
There is still time to stop in and purchase a RAFFLE TICKET for our “2014 Fishing Raffle” ~ 1st prize: MinnKota 24V Traxis 70 Trolling Motor, 2nd prize: 3 Night – 2 Day Guided Fishing Trip for Two at Ballard’s Resort, Lake of the Woods, 3rd prize: Marcum 625 Color Underwater Camera, 4th prize: 6 hr. fishing trip with Musky Stalker Guide Service, LLC, 5th & 6th prize: Fennwick HMX Rod & Phlueger Trion Reel Set, 7th & 8th prize: Kids Fishing Rod & Reel & Tackle Set Up. Limited to 400 tickets, ONLY $10.00 each. Need not be present to win. Net proceeds will benefit VFW Post 936 bathroom remodel.
CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE ADDRESS: WWW.ALEXANDRIAVFW.ORG
Be sure to watch your newsletter each month for activities & NEW promotions. If you have any suggestions of what you would like to see, please feel free to stop in and see me. Your ideas & input are ALWAYS welcome.
Until Next Month,